Welcome to the Ramblers Inner London Area website
The Ramblers helps everyone, everywhere, enjoy walking and protects the places we all love to walk. We are the only charity dedicated to looking after paths and green spaces, leading walks, opening up new places to explore and encouraging everyone to get outside and discover how walking boosts your health and your happiness.
The Inner London Area of the Ramblers is made up of nine groups located in London. It is just one of many Areas that make up the national organisation.
Although London may not seem like an obvious location for walkers, there are over 12,000 Ramblers members living here, with about 4,500 of them in Inner London, making it one of the most populous areas for walkers to live in the UK. The Thames Path, which runs through our Area, is the most walked path in the country!
As well as walking in our own area, including in the very heart of London, we also enjoy excursions in much of South East England, with groups regularly making trips to the Chilterns, South Downs, South Coast, Kent, Essex, Surrey, Hertfordshire, as well as further afield.
Almost all our walks are accessible by public transport, be it mainline train or tube. The walks range in length from 2 to 20 miles, with most averaging around 8 to 10 miles. They mainly take place at weekends, when there are frequently over a dozen walks to chose from across the Area's groups!
Give us a try. You’re welcome to join us on any of our walks to see if the Ramblers is for you. Then, once you’ve experienced
the views, fun and exhilaration, it’s just a case of becoming a member. Our walks are listed to the right, including short or leisurely walks and London walks. For other walks we offer have a look at our Led walks page.
To find out more about what we're doing, take a look at our Facebook page or look at our News pages, where you can see our Twitter streams and view a weekly newsletter of articles relevant to walking in London.
Finding Your Way Around
Our website is designed to help you:
- see our News page on the latest news of Ramblers in London
- see our London Campaigns page for details of current campaigning in London
- find ideas for walking in and around London
- enjoy one of the guided walks run by our volunteers
- find out more about your London local Ramblers groups
- discover the benefits of joining the Ramblers
- support our work by volunteering
- help improve the UK's footpaths by reporting any Footpath blockages or issues to the Ramblers.
- If you have any queries, have a look on our Questions and Answers page, or drop us a line at one of the addresses on our Contacts page.